[mythtv] Re: Recordings are starting late (using callsign)

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Sat Mar 20 12:57:30 EST 2004

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 10:18:45PM -0500, David Shay wrote:
> I have been working on how to integrate the DataDirect service
> (labs.zap2it.com) to provide higher-quality, faster access to guide data.

Glad to hear it.  One thing to keep in mind is that the DataDirect
service is only for North America (maybe even only the US), son
anything that's done in Myth still needs to work with xmltv for
everyone else.

> As a part of that, I was looking at the overall approach to video sources
> and how scheduling handled that.  It would make more sense to key more
> things of off callsign rather than chanid, and would potentially ease this
> integration somewhat.  There's my vote...

Thsnks.  That's 1 vote for, 0 against and a little discussion so
far. :-)

David
--
David Engel