[mythtv] FW: [mythtv-users] A question about the capturecard table

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Mar 19 10:13:11 EST 2004

On Thursday 18 March 2004 18:28, stan wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 01:00:16PM +0000, steve at nexusuk.org wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, stan wrote:
> > > in it are id's 3 & 4. I'm thinking thta I cna just update the
> > > machien name for card id's 1 & 2 to the new machine name, and
> > > delete the rows for id's 3 & 4.
> > >
> > > Will this work?
> >
> > You really need to fix the machine name in all tables (quite a few
> > tables use the machine name).  In the long run it'd be nicer to
> > have a table of machine names and all other tables to reference
> > that table so theres only one place to change the name...
>
> Thanks.
>
> I guess I need to look through all the tables, and find these.
> I don't supose there is a handy list?

DISCLAIMER:  I make no guarantee that this is 100% correct.
Specifically, you may or may not need to grant permissions on the
mythconverg database after dropping/recreating it.  If you don't know
what you're doing in mysql, proceed at your own risk.

The easiest way would be to:

- Stop any mythbackend/mythfrontend processes
- Dump your entire mythconverg database to a file, like so:

mysqldump --user=mythtv --password=mythtv mythconverg > ${HOME}/
mythconverg.sql

Then use a 'sed' script, or a text editor, to find all occurrences of
your old hostname & replace with your new hostname in the
'mythconverg.sql' file.

Next, drop the mythconverg database (or you could just drop the
indivudual tables), recreate it, and import the dumped database with
the changed hostname, like so:

mysqladmin drop mythconverg
mysqladmin create mythconverg
mysql --user=mythtv --password=mythtv mythconverg < ${HOME}/
mythconverg.sql

- Start Myth

-JAC