[mythtv] DirectFB working on Matrox ?

Kristof Pelckmans kristof.pelckmans at antwerpen.be
Tue Mar 16 18:33:39 EST 2004

Quoting Steve Wilton <swilton at fusemail.com>:

> On March 11, 2004 18:35, Kristof Pelckmans wrote:
> > (!) DirectFB/core/modules: Unable to dlopen
> > `/usr/lib/directfb-0.9.20/inputdrivers/libdirectfb_sdlinput.so'!
> >     --> libdirectfb-0.9.so.19: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> > or directory
>
> Are you trying to use directfb sdl output?
>
> I found that it wouldn't work except directly on the framebuffer. I got
> similar results (weird but almost there video) when I ran from an SDL window.

Thanks for the info ! I switched to the latest cvs of DirectFB and build it
without SDL support, but it doesn't help much :-( Now I get a fullscreen video
window that is still garbled. It looks exactly as in the post mentioned above.

Could the fusion part be causing troubles ?

My DirectFB configuration :
  Version               0.9.21
  Install prefix        /usr
  Build shared libs     yes
  Build static libs     no
  Module directory      ${exec_prefix}/lib/directfb-0.9.21
  CPPFLAGS              -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/libmpeg3
  CFLAGS                -Wall -O3 -ffast-math -pipe -march=athlon-xp -O3 -pipe
-fomit-frame-pointer -D_GNU_SOURCE  -Werror-implicit-function-declaration
  LDFLAGS
  LIBS                  -ldl -lpthread

Misc options:
  MMX support           yes