[mythtv] crash when running latest CVS

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Sat Mar 13 20:43:58 EST 2004

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 20:03, Dave Alden wrote:
> Hi,
>   I've been having troubles with the latest cvs (6pm on 3/9/04) crashing on
> me.  It usually happens when I press the "info" key while watching a show.
> To make the backtrace, I kept pressing i (and o) until it crashed.  :-)
> I've appended the backtrace.  Hopefully this is usefull (I'm running Fedora
> Core 1 which seems to not have the best gdb/gcc combo).
> ...dave

Sorry, but I missed your message until Isaac pointed it out to me.  He noticed
the following:

>         iwidth = 36
>         width = 36
>         height = 50
>         ystart = 0
>         xstart = 12
>         startline = 6
>         startcol = 0
>         destRect = {x1 = 12, y1 = 0, x2 = 47, y2 = 49}
>         needblend = true
>         ysrcwidth = 216
>         ydestwidth = -2880
>         uvsrcwidth = 54
>         uvdestwidth = -720
>         alphamod = 171
>         startingx = 0

I can't seem to reproduce the crash myself, but the ydestwidth and uvdestwidth
values are extremely suspicious - they are supposed to be offsets from the
buffer start to the first line to blend, and should never, ever have negative
values.  I tried the i and o keys in both livetv and a recorded program, with
both blueosd and defaultosd themes, but I'm not able to reproduce this crash.

However, given your xstart and ystart values, I think I see the error that's
yielding the negative values.  The attached patch fixes it, and another thing
I noticed that looked wrong.  It compiles, and the OSD looks right on my
machine.  Since I couldn't reproduce your crash, could you try to crash it
again and see if this fixes it?
--
Andrew Mahone
andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc