[mythtv] Re: mythtv presentation at the CeBIT

Simon Kenyon simon at koala.ie
Fri Mar 12 14:36:40 EST 2004

On Friday 12 March 2004 14:11, Axel Thimm wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 01:10:07PM +0000, Simon Kenyon wrote:
> > Axel Thimm wrote:
> > >I forgot the location: Hall 23, Stand D51 at the Hauppauge booth.
> >
> > does this imply that hauppauge are friendly to mythtv?
>
> Yes :)
>
> > will they help to get the ivtv drivers working fully?
>
> Yes, but note that Hauppauge != Conexant, so for the critical
> components (encoder/decoder chips) Hauppauge cannot help directly.

welll can they help with conexant?

> > will they help with the mediamvp device?
>
> I don't know. How could they help with the mediamvp?

from the (very) little that i have read it appears to be a voyage of discovery
working out all the bits of hardware/software that are in that box. i'm sure
the people doing the development on that box could do with a helping hand.
providing access to the APIs which are used to control the on-board hardware
for a start.

probably talking complete rubbish - but that has never stopped me
--
simon