[mythtv] looking through NuppelVideoRecorder.cpp, mpeg4 interlacing not set?

Andrew Mahone andrewmahone at eml.cc
Wed Mar 10 04:42:15 EST 2004

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 16:22, Isaac Richards wrote:
> They're not there because they're both relatively recent flags in
> libavcodec, and I have never gotten around to testing how they effect
> quality and cpu usage.  I'd be happy to add them if someone wants to look
> into that.
>
> Isaac

They should improve quality if you're not deinterlacing before encoding, but I
don't know about CPU cost.  If we start using these, can we allow frames (or
perhaps just the stream?) to be flagged as interlaced/non-interlaced, so that
the deinterlace filters can make sure this is turned off?
--
Andrew Mahone
andrewmahone AT eml DOT cc