[mythtv] FYI: XVMC (5336) lockout

Simon at the Threshold dweller at the-threshold.org
Tue Mar 9 03:37:24 EST 2004

FYI

I'm used to video playback bombing but I had a particularly nasty one
last night. I was fast forwarding through some adverts and I got a a
static XVMV blue screen. THinking the backend/frontend had crashed/hung
I went to reset the programs.  Frontend was looping with a "XVMC no
video buffers available error" and the problem didn't go away with a
restart.  Thinking I'd discovered some new glitch I switched to xine in
xvmc mode (same thing) I then switched to xv mode (same thing) finaly I
(and with a very unimpressed girlfriend after 15 mins) and after
restarting the X server a couple of times we watched the remainder of
the show using xine in xshm mode.

Appears the nvidia card had been got into a unuseable state (for xvideo
and XVMC!), reloaded the nvidia module didn't help but a cold start on
the entire box did!.

I've still got the nuv that did it so I guess I could see if its
reproducable if anyones interested?.

Simon
--
I remember when legal used to mean lawful, now it means some
kind of loophole.