[mythtv] Strange scheduler bug

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Mon Mar 8 23:23:19 EST 2004

> > While we're on the subject, one thing I thought about recently is that
> > it'd be nice to differentiate between auto-expired recordings and
> > manually deleted recordings when deciding what was previously recorded -
>
> Same here.  I've been meaning to look for myself (or be lazy and just
> ask Chris) what, if anything, is done when a recording is
> auto-expired.  Without having looked at any of the code, I think the
> straight forward thing to do would be to not add an entry to
> oldrecorded until the user explicitly deletes the recording.

Nothing is done currently except for deleting the file & DB entry by
using the same method that would be used if the user manually deleted
the recording.  It would be nice if we had the option to 'forget' we
recorded something if it was autoexpired and we hadn't watched it, but
that requires tracking whether we've watched something or not.  Could
easily add a field to recorded to say whether a recording has been
watched and increment it once everytime a recording is watched past
say 5 minutes into the recording (to weed out those cases where you start
playing a recording to see what it is then exit out fairly quickly).

If that sounds like a good idea, I could add an option to "remove
recording history for auto-expired programs if they haven't been
watched" setting and then make the auto-expire code check that setting
whenever it expires something.  Making a note on my TODO list about it
anyway just in case. :)

--

Chris