[mythtv] anyone with mythtranscode issues, please read

Bruce C. Dillahunty bdillahu at peachbush.com
Mon Mar 8 16:48:47 EST 2004

> First off, I'm sorry for this complete waste of bandwidth, but I have
> been on hiatus for the past month, as I had some higher priority tasks to
> take care of (getting married and going on my honeymoon),

Boy, what a slacker (just joking!!!).

Congratulations!

> I'd recommend reiterating your problems either to this
> list, or in a personal mail to me.

Well, the only problem I've had is MPEG2->MPEG2 transcoding to get rid of
commercials.

It does (get rid of the commercials), but... after the first "cut" it
"stutters" very regularly... every couple of seconds it hiccups on
playback.

I think other's reported this a while back.

I'm running fairly current CVS with a M179 capture card and playback on a
NVidia GForce.

Let me know if I can provide something to help!

Bruce