[mythtv] Database logging/MythContextPrivate

Matt White whitem at arts.usask.ca
Fri Mar 5 12:57:26 EST 2004

Isaac - I've been looking at changing my patch so that it uses a
variable in the MythContextPrivate class instead of going out to
the database each time the LogEntry routine is called, but there's
one problem.

When mythbackend starts, it initializes the variables in
MythContextPrivate properly from the database.  However, when
you change the database settings in the frontend (enable/disable
the database, etc), I haven't figured out a way to tell the
backend to re-read the settings from the database without
requiring a restart of mythbackend...

The only thing I can think of is adding another command to
mainserver.cpp that will reload the appropriate variables
from the database, and then send a message to the backend
from the frontend when the configuration changes....

Does that sound reasonable, or am I missing something
obvious?

Matt White                          whitem at arts.usask.ca
Arts and Science Computer Labs      University of Saskatchewan