[mythtv] Myth Backend Monitor

Christian Hack christianh at edmi.com.au
Thu Mar 4 02:09:16 EST 2004

> Edward Allen wrote:
> > I have written a small perl program that checks to see if
> mythbackend is
> > running properly once every minute.  It connects to the backend and
> > grabs a schedule.  If the connection times out or if the
> scheduler is
> > blank, it assumes that something is wrong.  If it fails 3
> times in a
> > row, it restarts the backened.
> > If there is interest in this script or MythTV.pm, please
> let me know.
>
> I nearly got motivated enough to write something similar last night,
> after I found the backend had died after recording a show in
> the morning,
> and didn't record any of my shows at night.
> (the actual recording of the morning show dissappeared too,
> after a heap of these errors:
>
> [mpeg2video @ 0x80d9dd8]ac-tex damaged at 30 30
> [mpeg2video @ 0x80d9dd8]concealing errors
> [mpeg2video @ 0x80d9dd8]Warning MVs not available
> [mpeg2video @ 0x80d9dd8]00 motion_type at 37 26
> [mpeg2video @ 0x80d9dd8]concealing errors

Those sorts of errors are pretty common for me and generally don't cause
the backend or frontend to crash.

I do have one dodgy recording from last night that causes mythtranscode
to keep allocating memory until it runs out of swap and also crashes the
frontend on the preview window. I'm compiling a debug version now to get
the stack trace.

CH