[mythtv] Myth Backend Monitor

Kent Williams kent2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 4 01:43:45 EST 2004

> > Are you using DVB?
> >
> > I'm having similar problems here. Some MPEG data can cause the
> > commercial flagging to crash it appears. I've posted two backtraces
> > this list in the last 10 days.
> >

> > Regards
> > Hamish

Were you able to isolate this to commercial flagging only? I get the
occasional segfault with my DVB setup. Haven't manage to catch it in a
backtrace yet, but I thought that it was caused in the recording. It
seems that at times my signal strength can be fairly poor (but still
watchable from the frontend) and unfortunately there isn't much I can do
about it :(
I'd much prefer to live without the commercial flagging for now if that
is indeed the cause - I'll go turn it off now and see if that clears
things up.

Cheers,
Kent