[mythtv] Next Scheduler Patch

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Mar 3 21:43:16 EST 2004

David Engel wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 02:44:03PM -0800, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>the schedule for the sake of live TV is backwards. Instead, the
>>card selection (when starting live TV) should choose a card that
>>won't be needed in the next two hours. If all have upcoming showing
>

> What if the user wants to watch a channel that is only available on
> another card?

This implies two sourceids, right? Choosing to watch live TV
from a specific source isn't currently supported so I assume
that you are implying that you will be adding that =).

If the user has a settop box for a second source with one input
and a recording coming up for that sourceid, there is no choice.
If there are more than one inputs for the source then the same
logic would apply. If the user has inputs for both sources on
card 1 but multiple inputs for the primary source and was going
to watch live TV on the primary source it should check if the
Card for the upcoming recording's S/C/I is going to be busy.

>>This approach would avoid having to run the scheduler each time
>>someone enters or exits live TV. It would also honor scheduling
>

> Running the scheduler a few extra times shouldn't really hurt
> anything.

How do you know that? The scheduler has always taken several
seconds (or more) to run when you have several things scheduled
so it seems that this would slow things down a lot!

--  bjm