[mythtv] Slow MythMusic (and likely other slow list building)problem solved

Ed Benckert ed at ebonmists.com
Tue Mar 2 18:51:09 EST 2004

Paul Koster wrote:

> I applied the patch without any problem against my CVS version. It indeed
> seems to speedup things (even for my low amount of items). I'm a bit in
> doubt however if code that uses global variables should be used here, but
> that's upto the maintainers (didn't see an obvious suitable class to include
> it either).

I am loathe to use global variables as well, but I didnt see anywhere else
to put it either without recoding a whole heck of a lot of the module. 4
global ints inside the module arent that big of a deal, but if the mods dont
care for it, maybe they can find another way... they know the code better
than me.

I got my machine home on my mysql-on-another-server where it took 45+
seconds to load, and it loads under a second now.