[mythtv] Slow MythMusic (and likely other slow list building) problem solved

Ed Benckert ed at ebonmists.com
Tue Mar 2 15:53:54 EST 2004

What attitude? I'm the one getting a ration of crap from people for
explaining the problem I found, and the veiled hostility for me not seeing
it in the docs. *I* found a legitimate problem in the code, *I* fixed, *I*
made my work available for everyone else, yet *I* am the one with the attitude?

I pointed out a problem I saw, the response was "Buy better hardware"

I found the problem and explained what it was and why it did it, and I was
told, basically, "Stop wasting our time, just upload the damn patch"

I'm very busy today yet found the time to fix this problem, didnt have the
time to search the docs to find the cvs location, I asked on here, which I
figured would be a valid place to do so, and the response was for the most
part "Hey dumbass, it's in the docs"

Yet, I have the attitude.

I'm not looking for a pat on the back or thanks, but a polite response would
be appreciated, instead of letting me know how badly I'm wasting everyone's
time.

Obviously, to those of you who did send polite responses, thanks.