[mythtv] Next Scheduler Patch (and mythweb patch)

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 16:46:29 EST 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 08:30:25AM +0100, Henk Poley wrote:
> > Van: David Engel <dlengel at attbi.com>
> > That's understandable.  I was just expecting quite a bit since the
> > plans for the changes generated a lot of interest two weeks ago.
> Well, the message back then was kind of 'learn to live with it, it will be
> done in this way'. That really stops reactions...

I'm sorry if I gave that strong of an impression.  It was intended
more like "unless someone has a good reason not to, I'm going to
implement this and if it turns out alright, it's going in".  When I
posted tha patch, that was everyone's chance to see if it turned out
alright and raise any objections.

> even use MythTV's current priority system. IMHO whatever priority system,
> I'll need to check my schedulings anyways now-and-then to see if no weird
> scheduling decissions are done (I can't really say I want something to be
> _not_ recorded). But don't let this stop any of you ;-)

Bruce gave me some good suggestions to make things work as intuitively
as possible if a user didn't want or need to use priorities.  If you
think something doesn't work right, speak up and I'll try to fix it.

David Engel
gigem at comcast.net