[mythtv] MythMusic "Please Wait" delay

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 1 16:06:50 EST 2004

On Monday 01 March 2004 14:25, thor wrote:
> On Monday 01 March 2004 14:08, Ed Benckert wrote:
> > Well why the heck does it insist on re-loading that data EVERY time
> > you go to the play screen.
>
> 	It doesn't, nor did I say it did. It is rebuilding your tree.
>
> > I know I have about 1800 mp3's but sorting
> > that kind of data should take miliseconds, not minutes.
>
> 	Try toggling your "list as shuffled" mode in Settings-->Music-->

That might be a workaround, but what if I *want* "list as shuffled"?

The bottleneck is either in the 'tree-building' routine or the widget
realization.  If the former, the code needs to be re-worked.  If the
latter, then maybe what we need is some sort of list view class that
keeps its data model separate from its view model, and only creates UI
elements for data elements as they become visible.  Or something like
that.

-JAC