[mythtv] Feature suggestion: status bar on GUI menus (similar asmythosd is for live tv)

Tako Schotanus quintesse at palacio-cristal.com
Mon Mar 1 06:28:57 EST 2004

It would sure interest me! :-)

Your other message about the separation of GUI and information retrieval
sounds good as well.

Maybe one way for the backend to handle background processing would be
great (wasn't there somebody already doing some work on this, or maybe
thor's work could be extended to include more than just media? Dunno).
That would mean a central place where you can ask the system what the
heck it's doing at that particular time. There are times that I'm sure
it is doing something (transcoding, mythfilldatabase, etc) but I have no
way of knowing.

Cheers,
 -Tako