[mythtv] Re: (Hauppauge DVB-s Nova / Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s) patch

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Wed Jun 30 16:37:14 EDT 2004

On Wednesday 30 June 2004 22:06, you wrote:
> On Monday 28 June 2004 23:55, Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> > Have you tried the compatability mode diseqc_type == 1?? That works on my
> > spaun switch. Have no other ideas, sorry..
>
> Did some testing and hopefully we're one step further, now:

Cool :)

> Channel locks ONLY if DiseqcReset() is disabled and diseqc_type == 1. So
> the only change compared to CVS is not calling DiseqcReset() just after the
> frontend is opened in DVBChannel::Open().

Ahh, didn't think of that call, it should be removed, because it will set the
diseqc switch into diseqc mode, and that will block the compatability mode.

> diseqc_type == 1 and diseqc_type == 0 makes a difference, although
> ToneVoltageLnb() is called in both cases (fall through with diseqc_type ==
> 1).

diseqc_type 1 is for a setup with a switch + 2 lnbs, while diseqc_type 0 is
for a single lnb connected directly, it falls through because the lnb also
needs to be set when you have a switch :)

> The disatvantage to this simple change is, that there is no data stream
> from the DVB card, no picture, no sound. The card does stream data with the
> additional changes to ToneVoltageLnb() by Christian.
>
> Any suggestions about further analyis or changes?

This could be because you have reversed the satids in the dvb_channel table.

It gains a lock, because the driver does a zig-zag scan around the frequency.
What happends is that it locks on a channel very close on the other lnb, and
when the dvbrecorder looks for data on the original channel, it won't find
any, because it's not transmitted there. This issue could be detected, but I
have not put no effort into doing so.

Kenneth