[mythtv] MythVideo + removable media question

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Tue Jun 29 12:01:43 EDT 2004

before i switched to myth, i messed around with freevo some and one feature
that i really liked was the ability to pop in a DVD-R with a number of divx
movies on it, be able to browse to it in the video player and select those
movies without having to alt+tab out or anything.  i noticed in the latest
release there is an auto-detection for removable media, but is it possible to
add the mount path for the DVD drive to the paths looked for movies in
MythVideo?

also, is it possible to provide more than one path for MythVideo to search?  i
want to setup Myth to record tv shows to the local machine (for performance),
but i have a file server (mounted at /mnt/<hostname>) that stores all of my
full-length movies.  is it possible for myth to look in both places?  when i
copy a dvd w/ MythDVD i also use the local drive and would like them to show
up as well.

i noticed in one of the other modules it allowed you to have multiple paths
separated with a ':' or ';' (forgive me, i don't recall what the separator
was or which module it was and i'm currently at work)... a solution like this
would be great.

forgive me if this already exists and i just haven't seen it or if the feature
has already been requested.

thanks,
gLaNDix