[mythtv] Ideas for high quality TV-out

Nick Craig-Wood nick at craig-wood.com
Tue Jun 29 10:53:36 EDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 08:05:23AM -0400, Doug Larrick wrote:
> I actually had a 'bob' deinterlacer (display fields sequentially)
> working in my private development tree for a time, but haven't carried
> it forward for three reasons:

This is exactly what I was ranting about some time ago - excellent!

> 1. At the time, the videocard-based a/v sync method was not up to
> displaying twice as many (HDTV-sized) frames in anything approaching a
> smooth cadence.  This is better now, but I'm fighting a threads-related
> crash in the OpenGL video sync method :-(
> 2. I was anticipating new nVidia drivers with interlaced output support
> at the end of March (shoulda asked what year)

You were sending this to TVout?

You could send it to a normal monitor output too by doubling up the
lines as well as displaying at twice the frame rate.  Thats a feature
I'd really like to see as IMHO the TV is dying as a display device and
we're all going to be using monitor style non-interlaced displays
soon!