[mythtv] Re: RE: [ANNOUNCE] torrentocracy = rss + bit torrent

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Jun 29 08:30:33 EDT 2004

> Exec 1:  So if we continue to broadcast 4:3 shows on a 16:9 signal, we
> could place ads on the additional screen area throughout the entire
> show.  Instead of selling 13 minutes of ads per 30 minute show, we could
> sell 30 minutes of ads...

This would make commercial detection/elimination easy. :)  The main reason
I added the Manual Zoom function was so that I could zoom in and cut out the
border they put up around the screen when there is bad weather and they scroll the
school listings along the bottom of the screen.  The local stations usually just
scale the video down maintaining the 4:3 aspect ratio and then use the "new"
space they created to put up their logo, animations, and scrolling listings.
Manual zoom works great for cutting that out.  Screws up the commercial detection
though since sometimes they don't unzoom during commercials.

--

Chris