[mythtv] Re: (Hauppauge DVB-s Nova / Hauppauge WinTV DVB-s) patch

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Mon Jun 28 16:34:03 EDT 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 21:37, Jörg Bakker wrote:
> > What equipment do you have connected to your Nexus-S?
> >
> > Also what if you put a return true; in the start of DiseqcReset, with my
> > patch?
>
> Sat-equipment:
> 2 cascaded Kathrein multiswitches (EXR 904 and EXR 994) with 2 LNBs
> (Kathrein UAS 484) connected. For receivers can be connected to each of the
> two multiswitches (only two of the total eight are for me ... :-)

:)

The diseqc specs say that cascaded switches might need repetition of the
signalling, to reach the outer switch(es). You might try diseqc_type == 3,
which repeats the signalling twice, diseqc_type == 2 only sends once. Also I
have attached a patch with a missing piece from the szap code, this was not
included by Christian in his patch. Not sure if it's correct, but if you
could mess around with it if it's not working it'll be great. Try swapping
around MINI_A and MINI_B first.

> Unfortunately, the changes you suggested (see complete patch below, if I
> got them right) didn't made a change.
>
> Just on a side-note: diseqc_type is 0 in my configuration. If you want me
> to test any further, please go ahead...

They where meant to be tested with diseqc_type == 2, if you didn't change that
the patch(es) would not have even been in the execution path. Could you
please test that again, if the suggestions above won't work?

Kenneth