[mythtv] Can't we use Bugzilla on mythtv.org to keep things abit more structured?

Morten mythtv at e-rasmussen.dk
Sun Jun 27 18:33:23 EDT 2004

Hi again!

Allow me to "pick up the glove"...

Dan Morphis wrote:
> Search the archives, this has been discussed to death.

Isn't that a bit exaggerated! -- This year, it has been discussed once
in February and then again in May (with just a few posts on each
thread), and I don't think anybody has died of that!

I think it's directly *shameful*, that a project like this one doesn't
have a structured way of sorting out the reported bugs. The mailing list
we're all using here is just a huge "bomb list", where you don't know if
people actually read your mails, and the mails just keep on coming in a
looooong row with no overview at all!

"Tako" has a quite good quoteon the dev-list (May 19th):

> Personally I miss having something like bugzilla for Myth, because
> believe it or not I wouldn't mind spending part of my day looking
> through the open bugs to see if there is something that I can fix. So
> why don't I do so now? Because I don't know which bugs there are. The
> only bugs I've ever fixed in Myth are the ones I encountered myself
(and
> found irritating enough). This also has to do with the fact that I
would
> like to help but just don't have enough time for anything "big", but
> even small bugs need fixing, so....

The thing is that nobody have the big picture of what's going on here!!!

And I don't give #%!* about the excuse that goes "Bugzilla reminds me of
work", since it *is* a good thing to structure things a bit. (Just don't
do it to death, okay!)

I'd love to do some serious bug-fixing here, and coding the things that
people really miss. -- It's just a shame that it's impossible to find
out what people really want, and what's important.

Come on out guys!!!

Cheers,
~Morten ;-)