[mythtv] MythFrontend Playback on PVR-350/Nvidia_nforce2/AMD2600

Dudley Atkinson dudley at jdatkinson.net
Sat Jun 26 09:37:50 EDT 2004

I agree Tako....

But I'll be nice and try to remember to add at the bottom (here, anyway).

By the way, my playback works now.  It was not an ivtv problem.

The problem was related to the audio subsystems.  I have two, both
configured properly with ALSA.  0: was an onboard nvidia audio system, 1:
was a Soundblaster Audigy 2.  Both were working fine and tested with many
programs via ALSA.

But mythfrontend started working right for replay after I disabled the
onboard audio system and configured to have just one system in ALSA (the
Audigy).

Is there a reason this should happen? Are two sound systems a problem, or is
it something in my hardware?

JD