[mythtv] Question about playback

Dudley Atkinson dudley at jdatkinson.net
Fri Jun 25 12:13:39 EDT 2004

I suppose it depends on what you're after.  I don't want to timeshift
necessarily.  I see the utility of it though.  Buffering to/from disk
affects the quality of the video somewhat, at least on my system.  I have a
fast DMA-working HD with good hdparm characteristics, but the throughput
isn't perfectly clean from source to output.  I'm looking for things to tune
that will improve it.....

For me the whole point is recording and watching when I want to, without the
commercials if possible.  I'll work on the live tv tuning to improve
(perfect?) the quality with the buffering too.

JD