[mythtv] Major commflag problems with current CVS

Geoffrey Hausheer mythtv0368 at phracturedblue.com
Tue Jun 22 07:53:31 EDT 2004

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:58:13 -0400 (EDT), Chris Pinkham wrote:
> Deja vu, I think I replied to this question by you before.
> I don't think I've reinvented anything because there's no queuing going on
> right now.  I still think that the best way is to have some form of job
> processor that handles both transcoding and commercial flagging (and maybe
> that's just modifications to the current transcoding process to handle
> commercial flagging as well.  Whether the two are merged or not, a lot of
> the changes I've made recently would have to be made in order to get more
> intelligent handling of jobs, so I don't see it as wasted effort on my
> part.  I haven't delved into the transcoding queueing code yet so I don't
> know what will be involved to reuse/merge code.  If a new merged job processor
> job is put into place, then my current code will just queue up jobs there
> rather than firing off threads itself.  There's only 250 lines of code in
> mythbackend/commercialflag.cpp so I don't see that as too much reinvention.
> It's rather simple actually.  I think my recent changes have been more about
> trying to get the right jobs started than dealing with an intelligent
> queueing system.

Yes, sorry, I think we have had this discussion before.  On a seperate
note, I actually tried to USE the commercial flagger for the first
time the other day (note that I am running CVS from just before 0.15
release), and I noticed that it only seems possible to have
autoflaging on or off.  You can't decide to flag just a single program
after it has been recorded.  Is this a correct assessment, or am I
missing something?

I think it could be useful to be able to manually flag a single
program without having autoflag enabled.  I did try running
mythcommflag manually but it segfaulted.  I haven't dug into it, so
I'm not sure of the cause, or even if it should have worked.  If it
should work, than adding this feature should be as easy as adding a
button in the watch-recording menu.  I suppose I should upgrade to the
latest CVS and debug, But I thought I'd check if there was something
more fundamental that would prevent doing what I want.

.Geoff