[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] torrentocracy = rss + bit torrent + myth

Boyd II, Willy wboyd at fulbright.com
Mon Jun 21 12:19:02 EDT 2004

I completely and totally agree.  BitTorrent is one of the few apps of
it's ilk that is finally making headway into legitimate uses.  I've
downloaded more than a handful of linux distro ISO's using it, and will
continue to do as software (even OSS software!) gets even larger.  It's
attitudes like the former that will perpetuate this belief that
BitTorrent is only for piracy and copyright infringement.  Thanks a lot,
guys.  It's especially worse when paired with gross hypocrisy, as
Charles points out.  Myth's associated modules already play mp3's, ROMs,
and rip DVDs.  All actions which have very popular illegal uses and
users.

- Willy