[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] torrentocracy = rss + bit torrent + myth

Charles Lavin myth at charleylavin.com
Mon Jun 21 11:59:53 EDT 2004

Huh?  I use bittorrent just about everyday for downloading legal music.
I've also downloaded Linux Distros with bittorrent.

The slashdot post was a little over the top.

I thought of another way you can get the project shutdown.  Allow users
to make illegal copies of their DVDs.  Darn, someone already beat me to
it.  How about a plugin that plays illegally downloaded ROMS.  Damn!!!
Just because a piece of software can be used to do illegal things
doesn't mean that it shouldn't be used.

In case you live under a rock and haven't heard:
The courts have already ruled against 321 Studios in a similar matter.
The court ruled that the DVD Ripping technology violates parts of the US
Digital Millennium Copyright Act because the act bars distribution of
tools that bypass copy protection mechanisms.  I do not agree.  It's my
DVD!  I bought it with my hard earned money and I'll do what ever the
f@#% I want with it.  Just another civil liberty that has been striped
from us in the past few years.  Don't even get me started on the Patriot
Act!!!

Just my 2 cents.