[mythtv] [ANNOUNCE] torrentocracy = rss + bit torrent + myth

Charles Lavin myth at charleylavin.com
Mon Jun 21 00:32:35 EDT 2004

Sure.  While I'm at it, I'll get them all to switch to Linux.  I'm a
programmer not a codec pusher.  Tapers are set in their ways and are
unlikely to change overnight.  Just because something is obviously
better doesn't mean people are going to jump on the bandwagon.  If etree
made the switch to pushing flac instead of shn then tapers might start
follow suit.  Until that happens we are stuck with SHN. Come to think of
it, even if every taper in the world switched to flac there would still
be a need for shorten support in Myth.  There are thousands of shows
already encoded in SHN.  Should they all be converted to flac?  Don't
see that happening.