[mythtv] [pre-PATCH] Attempt at PAL-BG support in MythTV

Martin Moeller martin at martinm-76.dk
Sun Jun 20 09:39:17 EDT 2004

søn, 2004-06-20 kl. 13:39 skrev Drew Whittle:
> Don't you do that when you load the driver?
>
> eg insmod tuner pal=[bdgil]

Yes I do that (tuner pal=b), but somehow it sees more signal strength at
6.000 or 4.500 than at 5.500 sometimes and that throws it. Setting
PAL-BG fixes it instantly. I have had a rather long debate about this on
the video4linux mailinglist and they believe that the application should
set the norm (i.e. PAL-BG). XawTV 4.0pre does this and I never have the
static problem there...

I'm guessing that mythtv is not using V4L2 ioctls(?) for my saa7134.
Question is, does it ever? Can I make it do so? Is there anything else I
need to do?

It is *only* audio that drifts, the picture is always fine.

Martin Moeller <martin at martinm-76.dk>