MythRadio status [was Re: [mythtv] (no subject)]

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Jun 16 12:49:35 EDT 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 Chris_Brownstead at appliedcard.com wrote:

> Anyone looking for MythRadio update.
>
> My Mythbox died a horible death, power supply smoked, took motherboard, AGP
> card and hard disk with it.  Nice. . . .  I have since ordered new 250gb
> hd, AGP and new motherboard and new FANS to keep this friggin small atx
> media pc case below oven temperature.  Put it all back together last night,
> works fine and will continue.  Status is :
>
> 1. Screens for tuning and saving favorites is done.
> 2. Radio calls are done. Power on/off, tune up/down, scan/save.
> 3. FM cards only if they can be mapped as /dev/radio.
> 4. IVTV driver DOES NOT support FM that I can discern.. . which sucks. so I
> am using my secondary BTTV card works fine.
>
> I should be ready for some volunteer testers by end of July.  If anyone
> cares . . . Thanks

I care!  Thanks for the update.  I look forward to trying it out.  The
current "stable" ivtv driver (0.1.9) doesn't support radio, but the newer
0.1.10 ck patches do.  They are still under heavy development so I haven't
tried them out yet.  AFAIK, the only ivtv cards that have radio are the
PVR-350 and the PVR-250 MCE OEM.  I have a PVR-250 MCE, so I can test that
when you get to a point where you want testers.  I also have an old
Hauppauge bttv w/radio (don't remember the version, but it is the mono TV
capture card with radio).

Thanks and let me know when you are ready to have people start testing it.

David

P.S.  I am lucky I was a little bored and reading all my email.  I usually
ignore emails that have a Subject with (no subject) ;-)