[mythtv] wireless non-master backend freezes

Hendrik Wouters hwouters at pandora.be
Tue Jun 8 20:14:28 EDT 2004

Hi,

I have a master backend server with one bttv (pinnacle) card and a pentium 3
1500mhz . I've got also a laptop,  400Mhz (pentium 2). There is a
wireless connection between them.

Sometimes, the mythtv-frontend on the laptop freezes while watching livetv and
I see the folowing error in the console of mythtv:

-----

Waited 2 seconds for data to becom available,waiting again
Waited 2 seconds for data to becom available,waiting again
Waited 2 seconds for data to becom available,waiting again
Waited 2 seconds for data to becom available,waiting again

ReadStringList timeout (quick)
RemoteFile::read(): No response from control socet.
RemoteFile::read(): No response from control socet.
RemoteFile::read(): No response from control socet.

-----

The master server didn't crash, because I can still connect to

Maybe it has something to do with my wireless connection? (22mb/s, 801.11-g
and 801.11-b on accesspoint)

Note that this is not a exact copy of the output because my keyboard always
stopped working when reproducing the error, so I couldn't copy the output in
a file.

Greetings

Hendrik