[mythtv] Channel change in EPG question

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Tue Jun 8 14:32:16 EDT 2004

Craig Rindy wrote:

> I don't know what you mean.  The issue at hand is the action of keys
> while the program guide is up while watching TV ("TV", "Watch TV", "S"
> key).  On my system in this state, P does not pause, and I wouldn't
> find it intuitive to do so.  The intent of P globally seems to be the
> standard >/" (play/pause) remote button, i.e. (1) play wherever
> something currently selected is playable and (2) pause if something in
> the immediate foreground is playing already.  Please correct me if I'm
> misunderstanding.

P is the default binding for the "pause toggle" functionality.  There is
also a button for "play" functionality which is currently unbound but
can be bound (on my machine it's CTRL+P).  From what I've gathered a lot
of people have their play button mapped to enter, which would end up
with SELECT I believe.

On a remote control, P = PAUSE for most folks.  Hitting PAUSE to select
something in the EPG is non obvious and rather pointless when you can
just turn on "Select changes channel in EPG"  and have easily grokable
behavior.