[mythtv] Mythfrontend hang with CVS

Mark mrote at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 7 10:11:51 EDT 2004

Mythfrontend is hanging up just before the icons come up using an CVS
after June 3. Changing the resolution to 800x600 I see that it is hangin
up at  98% while "Prescaling theme images". It doesn't crash but I do
have to Ctrl-Alt-BkSpc to kill X. This is on a Redhat 9 box with default
QT 3.1 and MySQL 3.23.  Top shows 95% CPU usage from Mythfrontend while
this is happening. I am using a PVR-250 and a M179 using the patched
ivtv drivers and an onboard Intel 810 soundcard and  Alsa drivers

I reverted back to CVS from June 2 and everything works fine so, as a
test I did a fresh install of Fedora 1 on a different box with latest
CVS and am seeing the same thing there. Log files don't  show any errors
so I'm not sure what could be happening. Is anybody else seeing anything
like this.