[mythtv] Crash in dvbdev/transform.c

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Fri Jun 4 21:44:03 EDT 2004

> On 01/06/2004, at 3:39 AM, Jesper Sörensen wrote:
> > I'm having some odd problems with DVB in MythTV, mainly regarding
> > channel switching (frontend freezes waiting for data & sometimes
> > backend crashes). There are probably a couple of different issues
> > involved but you've got to start somewhere...
> >
> > I got this backtrace from a crash earlier this evening. I thought I
> > saved more of it but it seems I only got the top part. Let me know if
> > it's not enough and I'll try to get another trace.
> >
> > IIRC, the lower part of the backtrace was full of calls to write_ipack
> > so it seems there was some heavy recursion going on. Is this normal?
> > Could it be stack overflow causing this?

No, I don't think it is. It's probably caused by bad data. There was a patch
applied a while back which improved the handling of total bitrate in the
resulting mpeg stream. I belive this patch is the culrpint.

I've attached a patch-for-testing, which probably could solve the segv
emmediatly at hand, but who knows what will emerge later on right?:)

On Tuesday 01 June 2004 00:49, Ben de Luca wrote:
> I see this behavior too

And why should I care to see you when you don't even provide a backtrace to
make a point?

Kenneth