[mythtv] Built in DVB epg support

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Thu Jul 29 18:36:03 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 10:26:07PM +0000, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> On Thursday 29 July 2004 20:18, Charlie Brej wrote:
> > John Pullan wrote:
> > > The second strand of the idea, would be to update the channels by
> > > visiting each channel and collecting the data for each one (I believe
> > > <snip>
> >
> > (I am pretty sure) You don't need to change the channels to get the guide
> > for different channels.
>
> Yup just tuning to one channel the full 7 day epg is coming down for all
> channels using the tv_grab_dvb process.
> Occasionally the epg info for bbc is missing when tuned to itv and vice versa
> but you get the same effect occasionally with a freeview box.
> I've got the tvgrab_dvb running hourly and it keeps everything fully
> populated.

Are all your channels on a single multiplex (frequency)?

In Australia each of the five stations has their own multiplex
(each carrying SDTV, SDTV-guide, HDTV). They only transmit the next two
programs as guide data (if that), but if they did transmit a whole week
we could bet that it would only be their own channel, so multiplex
hopping would be necessary.

I think we are a few years behind the UK though.

Hamish