[mythtv] Anyone feel like fixing mythgame?

Chris Tracy mythtv at adiemus.org
Mon Jul 26 12:42:19 EDT 2004

> I looked at the xmame .84 broken stuff last night. Just in case anyone
> is curious, mame had a flag called -listinfo which dumped a list of
> all supported roms. In .84 they dropped support for the old output
> format, and replaced it with XML, so there's a new option, -listxml.
> All that has to be done is replace the old parsing in mamehandler.cpp
> with XML parsing. I can work on that code over the weekend.

        Just FYI, in the interim, I hacked my copy of mythgame to use
-listxml piped into xml2info (provided with mame .84).  According to the
changelog, this produces the exact same output as -listinfo used to.  The
exact change I made was in mamehandler.cpp on line 173 which now reads:

makecmd_line("-listxml 2>/dev/null | xml2info", &infocmd, romPath);

        With this, mythgame works just fine with mame .84.  (Not that full
parsing of the XML output wouldn't be good, but at least until it's