[mythtv] CAM problem when changing from one encrypted channels to another.

Anders Hanson anders.hanson at speedo.nu
Sat Jul 24 21:45:45 EDT 2004

I'm having problems with my Viaccess CAM and MythTV!
When changing between two encrypted channels I get a CAM menu
telling me that I have no right to watch the channel even that I have
and the newly
tuned channel works. The CAM menu will repeatedly show up in the backend
even when the backend choose the "OK"choice..

When using VDR I only get the 'no rights' menu when I actually trying to
tune to a
channel that I don't have access to.

I've looked in the source for both MythTV and VDR and I think I have
found a difference when changing channels.

In VDR the live tv is stopped and the pids removed prior to tuning the
frontend
to the new channel. In MythTV the live tv recording is running while the
frontend
is tuned (If i read the code correctly) and hence the CAM will have the
wrong
pids (for the old channel) when the frontend is tuned and the recording
is using the new
pids.

/Anders
/Anders