[mythtv] vps once again...

maestro waggawagga at gmx.net
Thu Jul 22 17:10:50 EDT 2004

thanks mike,

i guess i'll subscirbe to the ivtv dev -mailinglist as i think thats the
right place to get involved with the vbi/vps stuff in the driver, right?

hm im not quite sure if i understand your last paragraph correctly (as
i'm not a native english speaker) i'll try to repeat what you said in my
own words.
please correct me if i misunderstand something.

mythtv doesnot support vbi with x50's since it uses the latest stable
version of the ivtv driver and vbi isnt supported there. so far so good.
and the newer (unstable) version of ivtv is not used (yet). and new code
(in myth) must not interfere with old drivers (e.g. render them
unusable).

if so what about the feature in the appearance setup page that allows to
specify different resolutions for gui and video? this is only available
if xrandr support is available in the x-window system. wouldnt that be a
similar case? vps only available with ivtv driver-version > 0.1.9

if vbi/vps support is in the newer version ivtv drivers as you said,
won't theses drivers new capabilities (most important for me vps
support) be added to mythtv in a near future release?

so long & thanks
maestro

p.s. mythtv missed the last 3 minutes of C.S.I. yesterday, because of
the unpreceise timings given by orf (austrian broadcast company) and
that would be no problem with vps support, so i said to myself
"something has to happen". i hope i'm able to do it, if its not allready
done.