[mythtv] recording profile combinations

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Thu Jul 22 03:43:19 EDT 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 03:15 am, Chris Petersen wrote:
> I'm finally getting around to writing a mythweb recording profile editor
> (I find the mythtv interface a little slow for quick adjustments,
> especially if I'm trying to compare different profiles with each other).
>
> I'm wondering if there is a quick list of the various posibilities for
> all of the codecparams names/values so I don't have to go digging around
> to find these out for myself.

Really would be easiest for you to go through the source -- the settings code
constrains all values to legal ones properly, and you'll want to copy that
exactly if you're going to reimplement things.

> I'd also like to make this a little smarter than mythtv itself, like not
> providing an "mpeg2" option for the "software encoders" group, etc.  If
> there's any info here you can give me (which cardtypes get which kind of
> encode options for audio/video), I'd appreciate it.

Only valid options are allowed in the UI -- mpeg-2 is _not_ an option in the
'software encoders' group.

I don't really think the codec settings belong in mythweb.  I certainly don't
want to have yet another thing to have to update whenever something minor
changes in the main code, and this is a situation where getting out of sync
could seriously break things for people.

Isaac