[mythtv] DVB drivers

Mark Howells Mark.Howells at softoption.com
Fri Jul 9 10:49:32 EDT 2004

This started life on the 'users' list but I think it's better here now - if not, please tell me and forgive the intrusion.

I have a Nova-T card that doesn't seem to work with mythtv, so I've been working through the source code to try and work out why.

The card works fine with tzap/dvbstream/mplayer ...

After myth tunes the card and adds the PID filters for audio and video,  the card sends data for both PIDs.  However, in libmythtv/dvddev/transform.c get_vinfo() checks for the bytes sequence 0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0xb3 (which I presume is some kind of sequence header).  It never gets this from the card and consequently the video PID is never remuxed into the stream.

I'm not very familiar with DVB formats (any pointers to good docs?) but it seems odd to me that the card works find via through dvbstream but not through mythtv - and lets the H/W off the hook?  Does anyone have any suggestions for solving this problem?

TIA

Mark