[mythtv] [patch] VideoOut Aspect Override Options

Kenneth Aafløy lists at kenneth.aafloy.net
Sat Jul 3 19:59:22 EDT 2004

On Sunday 04 July 2004 01:32, J. Donavan Stanley wrote:
> Kenneth Aafløy wrote:
> >Donavan, care to discuss that Setup reorganization again? I still have
> > those files around here somewhere, but it'll probably be better to work
> > out the details before a rewrite.
>
> There was some talk about possibly leveraging the code I wrote for the
> advanced recording screen to do away with the Qt based setup screens but
> I've not explored it beyond the "yeah it could be done" stage.

I have not even had time to even look at the 'beyond the foreground' of the
new recording screen, but I must say that it was a relief to use and that I
was stumped to find this not beeing the only screen, but still the entry
level basic screen is present. What is up with that? I distinctly recall you
stating that you would have a screen that would eliminate the split of the
recording screens (and I agree), but why was this not followed through?

Anyways, I'll try to push in a slot for looking over this code you wrote, but
at the moment I'm trying to prepare a new release of my experimental patch.

> At any rate they'd need regrouped regardless...  As I recall last time,
> the only major complaints were that there were too many top level setup
> sections...

I'd say that more top level groups would be better than options burried in
8-10 level deep options screens, which contains what? 45-60 options, now that
is definatly confusing. I find myself lost in there myself, trying to find a
option I know is there, but not sure of where.

Kenneth