[mythtv] Question on Xv output and NuppelVideoPlayer

Isaac Richards ijr at po.cwru.edu
Fri Jul 2 21:42:27 EDT 2004

On Friday 02 July 2004 07:55 pm, Clyde Stubbs wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 11:25:13AM -0400, Isaac Richards wrote:
> > Anyway, he's quoting the XSync man page essentially word for word, and
> > he's 100% right.
>
> Unfortunately man pages don't drive displays. The question is what XSync
> actually does, and what relationship that has with the timing of data
> appearing on the screen.

There's absolutely no question here about what XSync does.  It flushes all
requests to the server and waits for all such events to be completed.  It
optionally discards any incoming events from the server that are in the input
queue.  It's an extremely simple concept, and I'm not really sure how you can
be confused about it.

> > Try reading before arguing, please.
>
> I've spent some time trawling through the X sources. Try reading before
> dismissing, please.

Reading what?  The obvious fact that you're dead wrong and won't admit it?

Is there a point to any of this?

Isaac