AW: [mythtv] 1'000 euro reward for VPS sourcecode

sven mythtv-dev at freeworldproject.ch
Thu Jul 1 05:02:04 EDT 2004

> The "euro-sign" didn't work and has been replaced by a question mark. Th
> reward is 1'000 euro!
>
> Hi all
>
> I really like mythtv! The only thing that I still need is a VPS module
> (video program system, http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/VPS). I'm not a coder
-
> but I would really like to have such a module.... so, I offer 1'000 euro
> reward
> for the first person sending me the working sourcecode (under GPL of
> course).
>
> If you have further questions please feel free to contact me.
> Thank you, sven

Why didn't you use xmltv ?
no internet connection on your mythbox ?
if not, you can try nextview epg that allow to exporte to xmltv format

xavier

VPS is about starting the recording when the show starts.

Example:
20:45-22:45 - EM live
22:45-23:15 - Simpsons

I want to record the simpsons but unfortunately there's a 1:1 after 90
minutes and the game goes on...

Without VPS: I get the end of the game
With VPS: I get Simpsons because the recording starts when Simpsons is
broadcasted

The System also know as PDC (program delivery control) is very common in
europe especially in germany, austria and switzerland.

sven