[mythtv] DVD - Transcode not running bug, and feature request.

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Wed Feb 25 06:15:58 EST 2004

thor wrote:

>On Wednesday 25 February 2004 01:09, Bernard Mentink wrote:
>>Which brings me to the feature request.
>	If you examine the README-database in mythdvd's root directory, you
>will discover that you can set every single parameter passed to
>transcode. Because sets of parameters only make sense for certain input
>formats (source height, width, framerate, etc.), you want to make sure
>you understand fairly clearly what that README says before entering new
>rows in the dvdtranscode table.
The code contains:

if(codec.contains("divx") && gContext->GetNumSetting("MTDxvidFlag"))
        codec = "xvid";

Are you suggesting he/we instead changed the table to say xvid4 instead
of divx*?  Would there be any objections of changing the xvid setting to
an int with the following possible values:

0 - Use divx
1 - Use xvid
2 - Use xvid4