[mythtv] "All Rights Reserved"

Daniel Thor Kristjansson danielk at cat.nyu.edu
Mon Feb 23 17:29:32 EST 2004

All rights are not reserved if you sign up for a mailing list. The
mailing list administrator has certain implied and expressed rights,
such as the right to have an archive of the list available on the web
and to send me a copy of the e-mail you sent to the list. Now you could
demand that no additional rights be handed over to Issac, such as
publishing a book with your complete e-mails included, and he can kick
you off the list too. I, or anybody in the US, could still quote your
dumbest comments to CNN, so it really doesn't prevent a Laurie Garret
situation. You are still responsible for what you say, even in America.

-- Daniel