[mythtv] Patch: Event log in database

Denys Dmytriyenko denis at denix.org
Sun Feb 22 12:55:07 EST 2004

Hi,

I like your idea to log into the database, but I have 2 comments...

Matt White wrote:

> enum LogPriorities {
>     LP_DEBUG     = 1,
>     LP_INFO      = 2,
>     LP_NOTICE    = 3,
>     LP_WARNING   = 4,
>     LP_ERROR     = 5,
>     LP_CRITICAL  = 6,
>     LP_EMERG     = 7
> };

Would it be possible to keep consistent numbering with the standard Unix
syslog level schema from <sys/syslog.h>?

#define LOG_EMERG       0       /* system is unusable */
#define LOG_ALERT       1       /* action must be taken immediately */
#define LOG_CRIT        2       /* critical conditions */
#define LOG_ERR         3       /* error conditions */
#define LOG_WARNING     4       /* warning conditions */
#define LOG_NOTICE      5       /* normal but significant condition */
#define LOG_INFO        6       /* informational */
#define LOG_DEBUG       7       /* debug-level messages */

> The patch is against CVS as of Feb. 21, 20:08 CST.  I've attached
> the perl script (mythmaillog.pl) as a separate file, since cvs diff
> won't include new files.

cvs diff will include new files, if used with -N option: cvs -H diff

Thanks,
denix.