[mythtv] CVS CPU usage

D Banerjee davatar at comcast.net
Sat Feb 21 22:14:53 EST 2004

I noticed the recording+playing cpu usage was much higher a long time ago,
my conclusion is that it's cache pollution. You may be able to fit an entire
frame in L2 while recording, but you can't fit two. I hope someone proves me
wrong though :) It appears as if mythbackend cpu usage rises, not an even
distribution to frontend.

As far as lately, I believe about two weeks ago the bttv adjust filter was
set to auto-enable. I've had to reduce my bitrate from 2900 to 2200 at
640x480 to be able to record at all. However I don't seem to see any
difference in video quality. If I wasn't on the road I'd double check if
it's actually running/required on my system. Maybe next week.

Try deleting the libadjust.so from your library path and see what happens.