[mythtv] Re: bugzilla.mythtv.org?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 20 06:09:32 EST 2004

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 08:57:25PM -0800, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > I don't want to use a bugzilla.  Too much like work, not fun.
>
> Hear, hear!
>
> Actually, I don't mind bug trackers, but for some reason bugzilla's
> interface and lousy search scheme (too hard to find existing bugs) gets
> on my nerves.

Well, that depends on how you customize it. Many people make the
mistake to add all available features of bugzilla and overloading the
interface. Have a look at the experimental and yet unofficially
unlaunched common bugzilla entity at bugzilla.atrpms.net.

Finding all still relevant relevant bugs (not fixed/closed etc) is a
matter of clicking on Search or Query and then on the form's Search
button w/o adding any further data.

For mythtv the bugzilla scheme would be easier, one would have only
the product/components mythtv, mythmusic, ...

It should make bookkeeping easier. Instead of wading through the lists
to find bug reports, patches etc.

Anyway the offer stands as long as my bugzilla-installer-skills are
fresh ;)
Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de